Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

bluesfighter09 wrote:
I'm saying this from an objective fan's view; Ayumi's last TRULY classic album was Rainbow, just great was MY STORY,hit-or-miss for (Miss)Understood although all he singles were 1st-rate, but she went downhill and has continued going down from there. She's always had a disproportionate number of single tracks on her studio albums and therefore has never REALLY been a excellent album artist, but at least she didn't resort to 2nd rate composers and a tsunami of interludes earlier on....I don't want to bash her but i really want her to take a hiatus like Utada before she has a serious breakdown; Its not like she hasn't proven herself competent or will be outsold anytime soon!

I didn't sense a depression in creativity until the Guilty era. I often refer to Duty, I am..., Rainbow, My Story and (miss)understood being her defining albums. Duty - Rainbow all shared the same producers one being super producer Dai Nagao of Do As Infinity and if I recall on Rainbow, one song produced by the entire unit of DAI. My Story had completely different hands and it certainly showed. My Story for a long time was not by any means my favorite album and can even be seen as her forgotten work, but it was necessary. It was a testing ground that lead to one of my favorite albums of hers. I feel like (miss)Understood turned out to be just as good as the aforementioned albums overseen by Dai. The album had a strong feel of mood (that I actually feel Beautiful day hurt little) and recollectable songs. That's all I can ask out of an album; to make me want to listen to it again. The album was interesting. I didn't feel that way again til Next level and while being held together with 3-4 more than the usual interludes, it was a fascinating piece to me. A very obvious and well conveyed theme. I felt like she was truly trying her best to be as captivating as she was previous. And though I hate Rule, I can't say that the void of what's necessary to intrigue an audience. I was let down again when I heard Sexy little things. It didn't feel like her nor was it good (to me at least). It was the first time I've disliked something of her's so strong. I never looked to her or any artist for a completely perfect album. But at least make me feel like you tried. She actually has been having the same circle of producers and composers working on her since Secret. Her producers aren't at fault for her rolling over but I'd hope they'd care enough to present her quality options to pick from as far as arrangements.

RnRC is like Guilty 2. But that would be an insult to GUILTY, I apologize.

I came around a little to Don't Look Back,Ballad and count down but I still really dislike the album save Red Line; I liked that song ever since it was just a b-side.

I think it's insane to ask for a perfect album. I personally don't feel Utada has one. Just a lot more consistent ones. I also feel that perfection is NOT the best representation of artistic granularity. Compelling themes and choice of approach that result in a enthralling experience is what gets people noticed and grants them merit.

I would actually like a Orchestral & Acoustic album for the past 2 releases at some point to see if any rearrangements help the RnRC tracks.
Posted on: 2010/10/30 21:32
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single Project_Hikaru 2010/10/28 10:40
       Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single bluesfighter09 2010/10/28 11:07
         Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single LoBFCanti 2010/10/30 8:07
           Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single bluesfighter09 2010/10/30 11:37
             Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single LoBFCanti 2010/10/30 21:32
               Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single Unregistered 2010/11/26 11:41
                 Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single EezyBreezy 2010/11/26 11:49
     Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single confessemoir 2010/11/26 13:56
       Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single LoBFCanti 2010/11/27 13:39
         Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single confessemoir 2010/11/27 23:31
           Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single confessemoir 2010/11/30 23:45
             Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single Unregistered 2010/12/1 15:18
               Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single 1Brando 2010/12/22 20:58
                 Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single Unregistered 2011/1/1 9:55
                   Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single 1Brando 2011/1/1 12:13
                     Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Love Songs (New Album) (12/22/10) + Collaboration Single cherylfoster 2011/1/6 9:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic