Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
its really good to see Hikki involved in something like this

Are you joking?
1 yen is like nothing, it's like 1/8th of a penny.
How about she makes a real difference and offers up the $10 million dollars she received for doing a 30 second commercial from Pepsi if she really cared?

For a woman who flies around in a private jet and who's estimated worth is around $350 million dollars you think she can give a little more.
She likes to talk about how she is into philanthropy but what has she really done?
What charities does she give to? what type of things to help the less fortunate is she involved in?

Does she really give back or is it all talk to improve her image?

I would ask her on twitter but apparently she only answers questions from her Japanese fans.

you can't make a hundred yen without a yen. C`mon dude. This is fund raising. When you say fund raising, it's not only a single person involved. Not that I'm defending Hikki because we never know where she spends her money. She's a public figure but a very private one. This might sound biased but I believe she's doing this for her intention to help, not just to gain a good image.

For a person like me who lived in a country that experiences toughness in poverty, a single penny means a lot. There are several of my countrymen who gets their food on the junk, made their children work for money instead of going to school, etc. It is heartbreaking. Most of them have to make a 100PHP(Philippine Peso) or equivalent to 2.5USD enough for living a day having 12 members in a family. Can you imagine how tough is that for them?

And if I remember it well, I think about 2 and a half years ago Hikki posted in her blog that she donates to whatever charity/foundation that she knew needed financial support. She sends money to other countries. I couldn't find the certain post on http://hikki.blogspot.com/ but I'm pretty sure she mentioned it. I think it was before a post that says she was watching something on NHK that she thought something Japanese but later on she learned that was Chinese.

But simply put, I'm just giving a 5% that she does this for a better image. I believe that mostly, real artists (singer/composers) are not into that "showbiz-type-of-life". They get inspiration from every people that touches their lives. May it be a fan or not. It doesn't apply only with Hikki. Some other Filipino artists are known for that too. I know a few who actually quit'd what they have for the sake of others and to live life freely.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/12/1 8:46
Subject Poster Date
     Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga a_kikoo 2010/11/21 20:14
       Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga Ultra_Red 2010/11/22 14:03
         Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga JimJam 2010/11/22 14:23
         Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga cube 2010/11/22 17:27
         Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga JayUtada 2010/11/30 21:00
           Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga 山本_passion 2010/11/30 21:46
         Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga soulhunter14 2010/12/1 8:46
           Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga bluesfighter09 2010/12/1 10:13
     Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga a_kikoo 2010/11/22 17:48
     Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga irbk 2010/12/1 2:12
     Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga a_kikoo 2010/12/6 19:32
       Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga Q 2010/12/6 23:12
         Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga ramenbox 2010/12/7 7:34
           Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga soulhunter14 2010/12/7 9:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic