Archived
     'WILD LIFE' Concerts
   Song bet for "WILD LIFE"

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE"
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Well, aside from "First Love", "Automatic" and "Hikari", which I think we can safely presume are shoe-ins, I would be willing to bet that "Passion", "Colors", "Stay Gold", "Final Distance" and "Goodbye Happiness" would all be in there. Other than that, I can't say for sure.

Although HEART STATION is a great album and Hikki hasn't performed many of its songs in a concert setting, I'd say we won't hear too many from it simply because it isn't really suited to the atmosphere of a live setting; on the other hand, Hikki does have a tendency to revamp her music for the stage, so it's possible we'll get more than I expect. I'd love to hear "Celebrate" and "TAKE 5", as well as "Prisoner of Love" and "Beautiful World". "Boku Wa Kuma" would serve as a nice breather somewhere in the midst of the spectacle, and I really hope she'll break out the piano again like she did for the ITF tour if she sings "Stay Gold" (presumably that would reign in "Sakura Drops" and maybe even "Apple and Cinnamon" as well).

Speaking of which, I'm sorry to say "This Is The One" most likely won't have a high presence, although I do hope that "On and On" and "Come Back to Me" make the cut- all in all, it's more likely that "FYI" will get a nod because of the Sakamoto tie-in, which is just as well, I suppose. I'm expecting but not counting on "Kremlin Dusk" and either "You Make Me Want to Be A Man" or "Devil Inside" from EXODUS, although if I had my way "Hotel Lobby" and "Animato" and an acoustic guitar solo for "About Me" (possibly matched with the acoustic renditions of "Simple and Clean" and "Be My Last") would be worked in there somewhere.

Other than that, I can only predict/hope for various odds and ends from her other albums to get picked up; I would love to hear "Time Will Tell", "One Night Magic", "Nichiyo no Asa", "Eternally" (that one would be a tear jerker for sure!), "Letters", "Show Me Love", "Wings", "Flavor of Life" and "Celebrate". "Niji-iro Basu" would be SO much fun, and I would probably melt in my seat if she played "Dareka" on the piano, possibly with cello accompaniment like before.

What I'm basically predicting is a fairly standard set list resembling UU06 in representation of her most popular singles to date (i.e. the songs everyone expects) with a few novelty selections made by Utada personally for the sake of maintaining a certain element of surprise and anticipation throughout the show.

Songs I'm honestly hoping won't be in the show (not because I don't like them, but because I'd rather she perform other songs in their stead): "Movin' On Without You", "Addicted to You", "Can You Keep a Secret?", "Traveling" and "This Is Love".
Posted on: 2010/12/6 23:55
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" FunkyStrawberries 2010/12/6 10:07
     Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" Kumachang 2010/12/6 14:35
       Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" bluesfighter09 2010/12/7 20:40
     Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" UtadaHikaru124 2010/12/6 16:13
     Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" Q 2010/12/6 17:23
       Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" ramenbox 2010/12/6 17:59
         Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" 山本_passion 2010/12/6 19:08
           Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" Shurikid 2010/12/6 23:55
             Re: Song bet for "WILD LIFE" ramenbox 2010/12/7 7:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic