The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Now what does this all mean to Utada and U3, Japan is a potential gold rush where the X factor formula is concerned, if Utada can bring new business revenue into Citibank by facilitating a franchise, the numbers start to rise off the scale...I have no doubt sitting next to Simon Cowell would be the last place Utada will want to be, but this is a business and Utada is a professional musician who has signed a deal, Citibank will not wait around for 5 year for a return.......

Except that contracts can be made with provisions, and one of Utada's may have been a set point at which the contract would take full effect indicating a time in which, but not before which, the record company reserves the right to commission more work from her. Until then, Hikki may be free as a bird. Also, I'm not clear on the legitimacy of a record company using a music contract as a means of strong handing an unwilling musician into appearing on a television program, even if it is remotely connected with their professional sphere of influence. That's not to say I would be surprised: business is business, after all. However, Hikaru Utada is, even on a practical business level, a tenured public entertainment figure who is going to hold a lot more sway over her own professional future than some wet behind the ears pop starlet, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be so simple as EMI demanding she appear on the show and her immediately cowing down to its authority. Furthermore, Utada has worked diligently with EMI over the past ten years and I can't see them wanting to damage what appears to be a mutually healthy relationship with one of their best-selling artists (a rarity in the pop music world if there ever was one). IF Utada does this I think it would be because she wants to do it, but on the whole I think it's a false rumor. For her to have been approached I could understand as EMI, The X Factor and everyone involved simply covering their bases; for her to have accepted would genuinely surprise me.

Good job on all the research, though. I never knew EMI had been gobbled up by Citibank, but I generally just assume all major record companies are evil to begin with and extend that to any associated business syndicates.
Posted on: 2011/2/11 11:07
Subject Poster Date
     Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version 山本_passion 2011/2/9 23:45
       Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version soulhunter14 2011/2/9 23:51
         Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Pips_Paradise 2011/2/10 0:01
           Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version soulhunter14 2011/2/10 0:04
             Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Pips_Paradise 2011/2/10 0:20
       Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version sokuri 2011/2/10 3:22
         Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Camfans59 2011/2/10 3:51
           Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version soulhunter14 2011/2/10 3:56
             Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Camfans59 2011/2/10 4:07
               Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version meme_x3 2011/2/10 4:43
     Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version lumad 2011/2/10 4:52
     Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version cube 2011/2/10 5:35
       Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version meme_x3 2011/2/10 9:59
         Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Ultra_Red 2011/2/10 10:16
           Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version cube 2011/2/10 11:35
           Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version sokuri 2011/2/10 15:48
             Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version cube 2011/2/10 16:34
               Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version soulhunter14 2011/2/10 17:19
                 Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Pips_Paradise 2011/2/11 7:27
                   Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Shurikid 2011/2/11 11:07
                     Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Pips_Paradise 2011/2/11 15:29
                       Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version quincye93 2011/2/11 19:04
                         Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Bernstein 2011/2/11 22:30
     Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Josh_Shing 2011/2/10 10:53
       Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Ultra_Red 2011/2/10 11:31
         Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version cube 2011/2/10 12:08
     Re: The X Factor - Utada in the running to become a judge on the US Version Josh_Shing 2011/2/10 11:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic