Poster Thread
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Re: Favorite songs by other artists
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
Quote:
Wow, Kawashima, the Japanese music u posted definitely sounds alien to me

Well, I think japanese pop is splited in two parts: j-pop which is heard in radios and tv (just like Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Himasaki and Ringo Shiina) and anime music, which popularity is limited to fandom. Every japanese artist I mentioned in my previous post is anime-related. Kalafina, FJ and FJ YUUKA are very similar, because all their music id written by a famous-yet-only-in-anime-fandom composer, Yuki Kajiura. It's a mix of j-pop with some more serious stuff, something like symphonic-j-pop (since there's a thing called symphonic metal...) It's kinda specific, I couldn't stand them at first, but they eventually grew on me. Chiaki Ishikawa was involved in Kajiura's project, called See-Saw, now she's doing solo career. Olivia Lufkin did a few songs to "Nana" and she's bilingual. GUMI, Megurine Luka and Hatsune Miku are vocaloids. That means they are not real by ny means, their voices were generate by computer with some help or voice providers. I thought it's impossible to like them, but there are lots of producers, who were able to write awesome songs for them.

Shina Ringo, I must someday listen some her songs, "I won't last a day withiut you" was pretty nice cover, she's got interesting voice.

Quote:
ack, inactive thread

Don't be surprised. It's hard to keep forum alive when there's nothing new about Utada. Sometimes it gets louder, sometimes it's completely dead (actually, I only recently started to post here again, since I got used to lack of news). Glad to see that new people are still joining and have energy to revive forum.
Posted on: 2012/4/17 5:12
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Favorite songs by other artists KiNGDOM 2012/1/13 0:38
     Re: Favorite songs by other artists Kawashima 2012/4/14 9:53
       Re: Favorite songs by other artists Jayenciel 2012/4/16 10:37
     Re: Favorite songs by other artists Kawashima 2012/4/17 5:12
       Re: Favorite songs by other artists Jayenciel 2012/4/17 7:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic