Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  noxious.sunshine
      noxious.sunshine
Re: About yourself...
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27 / F / Like 4 places at once.
Hmmm about me..

Like way up there in the intro thread, I'm living in Texas right now. My dad had his 3rd heart attack out in Sacramento Summer '11. He and my mom were hauling military equipment for the government. Having heart attacks and stuff is a big no-no, so they had to retire when their physicals expired. My dad also had his like 5th stroke in March of this year while driving a truck and was on his way home. They've got well over $200K in hospital bills and no insurance, so I'm out here helping them out with money and whatnot for a few months.

I talk alot as well, but I also have adult ADHD, so I can't help it sometimes. I don't have insurance, so I can't afford medicine. Plus, last time I took anything (Strattera), I wound up sleeping for like 3 days straight. It made me feel way too tired.

I'm a server/waitress. I've worked in a whopping 3 Mexican restaurants and (now) 3 American places (Red Lobster, Logan's Roadhouse - it's like Texas Roadhouse, & now a LongHorn Steakhouse). I hate serving. But I'm actually really good at it, so I'm stuck. I've been doing it for 5 years now and it seems like it's impossible to get into anything else.

I'm Spanish/English bilingual, but I consider myself an Intermediate Spanish speaker as opposed to fluent. I also joke that I speak "Mexican", because that's the dialect that I learned. I'm in the process of teaching my daughter what I know. She understands more than she can speak though.

I love to cook - I'm really good at it. Especially Mexican (I learned from my ex in Phoenix's family and then my most recent ex back in Nashville), but I can cook just about anything. Oh. Lasagna is another one I'm good at, it just costs me like $40 to make it.

I love music. Obviously. And books - I'm currently making my way through Ann McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series, though Life of Pi by Yann Martel (no, I didn't jump on a bandwagon 'cuz of the movie lol. I've had the book for several years), Battle Royale, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and many other books. I'll read just about anything though, regardless of how bad it is.

Movies.. I can't think off the top of my head right now. However, if a movie doesn't catch my attention within 30 minutes, I'm either passed out or off doing something else.

Ok. I'm shutting up. hehe. Sorry!

(I also like bright colors, though yellow is my fav.)
Posted on: 2012/11/26 17:04
Subject Poster Date
     Re: About yourself... Kawashima 2012/5/21 10:16
       Re: About yourself... Jayenciel 2012/5/21 20:09
     Re: About yourself... noxious.sunshine 2012/11/26 17:04
     Re: About yourself... Elijah 2013/5/20 2:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic