Sakura Nagashi Cover

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  *SongDatShinez*
      *SongDatShinez*
Re: Sakura Nagashi Cover
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Both of you guys covered Sakura Nagashi really nicely! I liked not only the contrast of the English/Japanese, but also the contrast you hear between you guys singing solo and having two people taking turns singing the verse and chorus. I feel like gabepgh, your cover is more close to how I interpreted Utada singing in Japanese (ironic, yes) about life, rebirth and the sentimental nature of what the sakura symbolizes to the Japanese- that you're a mere moment in time and that all things will come to an end and only then, with that realization of just how frail life is can you fully grasp and appreciate the beauty of living, living in the moment.

Whereas, Elijah I interpreted your cover with Merrial as a love song (not because y'all are a boy & a girl), but the tone of your guys singing itself felt like it was moving forward? I don't know how really to describe it, but almost like the lyrics were talking about an end to or a death in a relationship and there was still a lot of things you wanted to convey to the other person while you were kind of caught off guard. It might have been easier to not have ever met in the first place because you're enduring so much pain, but you won't stray from loving again because the pain also is a reminder of how much you loved in the first place.
Posted on: 2014/3/15 0:21
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Sakura Nagashi Cover Q 2014/1/19 20:55
       Re: Sakura Nagashi Cover Elijah 2014/3/12 12:25
         Re: Sakura Nagashi Cover *SongDatShinez* 2014/3/15 0:21
     Re: Sakura Nagashi Cover Elijah 2014/3/21 8:03
       Re: Sakura Nagashi Cover *SongDatShinez* 2014/3/24 19:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic