mine are probably leech and burial aplicant
i have another but i have a hard time with the title
so...
Posted on: 2009/1/8 4:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: The GazettE
guest_Unregistered
God, I first listened to them around the time they released 'Zetsu'...I think. When they were 'Gazette' without the capital 'E'. About four or five years ago. So it's been quite a while. xD I used to be an avid listener of the GazettE, Visual Kei in general. I'm not really attracted to the whole Visual scene anymore, I just find it rather silly. The clothing may be elaborate and nice but in many Visual Kei bands, it's often the same instrumentation, the same melody, same vocalist, etc. So I went soul-searching.

Anyways, they were pretty great. I didn't enjoy STACKED RUBBISH, everything seemed to kinda go downhill during that era. Songs I can remember enjoying was Zetsu, Reila, Cassis, D.L.N, SILLY GOD DISCO [pretty funky song xD], Wakaremichi and...others. o_o; Their Nil album was quite nice and you'll probably like DISORDER too.

But I still remember them quite well. xD

Ruki - Vocalist
Reita - Bassist
Uruha - Lead Guitarist [I think.]
Aoi - Rhythm Guitarist
Kai - Drummer

But thinking about the GazettE now, it was a good and bad experience. xD Kinda nostalgic for me, but i'm also quite relieved that I moved on. Not trying to anger the GazettE/VK fans out here.
Posted on: 2009/1/8 13:14
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L Female
Visual Kei???
i think u have a great opinion, and i sort of agree
but i like them for the music (even though the style is kool too)

i liked Reila also
Cassis was very good, very pretty
Silly God Disco is a fav. also
Posted on: 2009/1/8 18:10
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
God, I first listened to them around the time they released 'Zetsu'...I think. When they were 'Gazette' without the capital 'E'. About four or five years ago. So it's been quite a while. xD I used to be an avid listener of the GazettE, Visual Kei in general. I'm not really attracted to the whole Visual scene anymore, I just find it rather silly. The clothing may be elaborate and nice but in many Visual Kei bands, it's often the same instrumentation, the same melody, same vocalist, etc. So I went soul-searching.

Anyways, they were pretty great. I didn't enjoy STACKED RUBBISH, everything seemed to kinda go downhill during that era. Songs I can remember enjoying was Zetsu, Reila, Cassis, D.L.N, SILLY GOD DISCO [pretty funky song xD], Wakaremichi and...others. o_o; Their Nil album was quite nice and you'll probably like DISORDER too.

But I still remember them quite well. xD

Ruki - Vocalist
Reita - Bassist
Uruha - Lead Guitarist [I think.]
Aoi - Rhythm Guitarist
Kai - Drummer

But thinking about the GazettE now, it was a good and bad experience. xD Kinda nostalgic for me, but i'm also quite relieved that I moved on. Not trying to anger the GazettE/VK fans out here.

*raises hand* I agree with you, it totally went down hill after stacked rubbish, i love their nil album and more of their older stuff. But besides reila,cassis,etc. I also like taion, and some of the older ones too.
But yesh i would say this was my first visual kei band and now of course i move on and find more different bands/music artists, but i agree it does have a nostalgic feel for me too.
Posted on: 2009/1/8 21:11
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L Female
i dont somewhat get the what Visual Kei means
can someone explain a little about it???

Taion was good also
i never really likes Zetzu so much though
Posted on: 2009/1/9 3:49
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Visual kei means a visual bands coz mostly they wearing unique outfit beside their own music. rather than just wearing simple t-shirt they want to make them different like other band. I dont know to much bout visual kei band "Versailles" maybe lol. Thats my explanation sry if its wrong
Posted on: 2009/1/9 4:26
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L Female
ah
makes some sense

does it really just mean like "the band is more looks than music???"

i use that defination for some bands
Posted on: 2009/1/9 20:06
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I would say Visual Kei is a general movement or some sort of cultural phenomena in Japan, it's not only found in musicians. But you can identify a visual-kei band if they wear elaborate clothing, make-up, and such. Some say it's a musicial genre, some say it's a sub-culture. Examples of notable visual kei bands would be Luna Sea, X Japan, Malice Mizer, early Dir en Grey, Kuroyume, etc.
Posted on: 2009/1/9 20:59
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L Female
okay

confused again
sorry, i dont know any of those bands
i've only been listen to japanese bands for a little while now
Posted on: 2009/1/10 13:39
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Try to listen to X Japan, Luna Sea, or the other bands I listed to get the whole gist of Visual Kei.
Posted on: 2009/1/16 21:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>