Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
ToS anyone?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
I rented it again, and I was wondering has anyone played it? And for those who don't know what ToS stands for, it's Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube. And if you have played it, what do you think of the game?
Posted on: 2005/8/13 13:58
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Re: ToS anyone?
Administrator
A/S/L
I've played it and finished it...then couldn't be bothered to do any of the extra New Game + stuff.

It's a good game...feels a lot longer than it really it but despite the occasional serious subject matter, it struck me as very light hearted and childlike...right down to all of the mad cheesy cliches that Lloyd voices in the form of those "dwarven vows".

The game struck me as easy for the most part...I only died once or twice throughout the game and didn't have too much trouble with the endgame bosses or the optional Sword Dancers despite not really spending much time leveling or looking for poeple's final weapons.

The AI bugged me as my computer controlled companions would end up getting toasted fairly early on in the tougher fights.

But yeah...as many people have said before, ToS takes a lot of the cliche and overdone elements of many other games and ties them together into a package that works.

Wasn't quite my cup of tea but hey, whatever floats your boat right?
Posted on: 2005/8/13 17:27
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
LOL yeah, Lloyd did say some chessey lines, actually everyone did. LOL and Zelos just cracks me up. Mostly anything that comes out of his mouth, made me laugh. Cause it was pretty stupid. And yeah I hate that too, how every died fast. Like if I had died, and I wanted to someone to bring me back I couldn't cause everyone would be dead. Which sucked! But I really like the game, I want to buy it. But I can't find it anywhere. I heard it's 20 bucks now, so I really want to get it. But I have no luck. Right now, I just want to do all the secret stuff that I didn't do before. Like get those cursed weapons for the guy. I want to see what he would give me. And I want to get everyone new clothes. It would be fun.
Posted on: 2005/8/15 19:10
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Man...haha, I went through the entire game and STILL never figured out how to properlly switch my control to another character during a battle.

This resulted in me using ONLY Lloyd throughout the entire game, reviving with items when he died.

I also didn't really use the whole "yello control stick for battle shortcut!" thing

I skipped out on most of the sidequests and all too except for the Sword Dancer thng.

But yeah...I think it's a bit too childish to hold me well XD
Posted on: 2005/8/22 6:49
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Childish?! Aww come on, it was cool! It wasn't too kiddy. Heh yeah that was kinda hard. But I got everything pretty easy, I just never understode the whole Ex Skill and the gems thing. And I used Lloyd too. I tired others, but they all go too slow for me. Lloyd's the only one I feel right with. xD And I used the yellow control stick, mostly for guarding, but that's it. I need a controller too. The control stick is starting to act funky. xP
Posted on: 2005/8/27 0:10
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
The game just wasn't all that hard...using Lloyd, you could stun lock most bosses and enemies, either by using the Sword Rain series to keep normal enemies in place or locking boss monsters with beast smash type moves and chip away at them.

And yeah, some of the subject matter was VERY dark and mature but most of it was al cutesy and flowery haha.
Posted on: 2005/8/27 12:41
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Yeah, I guess I do agree with you on that. Oh yeah, I finally bought the game too. So now I can play it all I want. Hehehe, I'm about to fight the Ice Goddess, but I hate that ice floor puzzle thing. It's so freaking hard to figure out! Hey who's your favorite Summoning spirit?
Posted on: 2005/9/1 22:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic