Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Seibzehn
      Seibzehn
Remixing software recommendations?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 24 /M / Japan
Hello! I'm a new member to this forum, though I've visited the site occasionally over the past few years.

I'm a first time remixer and was wondering if any of you guys or gals have recommendations for remixing/music creation software (preferably freeware). I've already tried Audacity, and that's okay for simple edits (maybe I don't fully comprehend the capacities of the program), but I really want a program that allows me to create my own sounds and beats (one that has instruments in it) rather than only working with and editing audio files I might already have. Essentially, I want to make new background music for songs and mix in the original vocals if possible. Can this even be done without a keyboard of sorts?

And on the same note, for those of you who are able to almost completely isolate voices and make acoustic versions of songs, any tips?

Thanks in advance for any input! I feel like I have some decent remix ideas brewing but no way to bring them to life.
Posted on: 2009/3/26 3:22
Re: Remixing software recommendations?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
i recommend virtual dj pro or mixcraft programs
Posted on: 2009/3/26 5:12
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
I use FL Studio to make my electronica music. It's an okay DAW. You can download the demo here:

http://www.flstudio.com

And yes Audacity is a fairly simple processor. There isnt any auto tuning on it, but you can have good echo effects, and Mix up songs well on it.
Posted on: 2009/3/26 8:03
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
I used Cubase SX2 on windows XP up until I got my new Vista system. It comes with synthesizers as VST instruments and I also have a few free VST intruments on here. I cant do anything on my Vista with that program now so all my music is on Hiatus!

So on that same note, anybody know a good one I can buy for Vista?
Posted on: 2009/3/28 12:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic