•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Word Filter
Administrator
A/S/L
What do you think about it?

Honestly...I cant see how it really helps.

For starters, nobody seems to be apt to cuss up a storm anytime soon and if we need to, we can just turn the thing back on it a lto fo new members start joining and cussing a lot.

For another, I highly doub that the majority of people of any age that wander around the internet haven't seen/heard of worse things than a few mild swear words here and there.

I'm sure that members would curb their language if anyone felt offended and let it be known and I'm also sure that none of us would hesitate to resort back to the filter if it started getting bad but for now at least? It seems to be doing more harm than good.

Gokie's recent post comes to mind where he couldnt spell out "assurredly" or something cause the filter censored it out (and yeah, I just got around the word filter. Go and ban me, I dare ya). The filter is faulty man, unless you can teach it to recognize the difference between a standalone cuss and the same, coincidental combination of letters forming in a larger word, it might end up getting pretty annoying.

Just my thoughts on it.
Posted on: 2004/6/18 22:37
  •  Elfangor
      Elfangor
Re: Word Filter
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 18/M/SG
Word filter tries it's best to stop people from using valguar. But people can easily type shiit or fark. And like what you mention about Gokie's post, yeah I agree word filter bring more inconvience than it's purpose. Unless they know we're not trying to spell as-s but the word assurredly, I see no reason to use them.
Posted on: 2004/6/19 1:36
  •  Gokie
      Gokie
Re: Word Filter
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I've never seen much of a point. I can't really imagine anyone here either making it a point to use massive amounts of profanity or getting offended because of any occasional usage of such, and quite honestly, if anyone wanted to cuss, the filter isn't hard to get around at all.

And if someone does decides to do it...well, what are all of you admins and mods around for anyway? ;)

~KS
Posted on: 2004/6/19 1:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic