•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Japanese Animation
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Let's talk about japanese animation.
For you which are the best and most incredibly unforgettable films, documentaries and so ?
Posted on: 2010/2/24 15:08
  •  AXMA47
      AXMA47
Re: Japanese Animation
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/HI
hmm I dont know any documentaries but works from Hayao Miyazaki are always great and artistic love his work.. movies such as Spirited away, Totoro, princess mononoke and more. But last good japanese animation movie I saw was Toki o Kakeru shojo (girl that lept through time). Totoro I would watch alot when I was a kid lol brings back memories.
Posted on: 2010/2/24 16:03
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/SoCal
Ugh...so many to discuss. But let me run through what I've enjoyed within the past month or so.

Piano no Mori (The Piano in the Forest)
- Based on an ongoing manga: A calm, sweet story about a boy, who lives with his mother in the red district of the town, that plays a piano in a forest, and discovers he has a natural talent. Nice, fluid animation. A bit of a 'coming of age' story and self discovery. A big must to watch. (I believe it's still on youtube)

Heat Guy J
- Set in the future where an independent security bureau protect a city from illegal mishaps that stems from the local mob family. The main characters are Daisuke, who is partnered with a humanoid robot named "J". Great art direction. The creative directors melded many different cultures from around the world and blended them seamlessly in the series. A caucausian with a Japanese name; an Indian market with ramen stands, an Italian mob in a run-down city...things of that nature.

(And like AXMA47 mentioned:)
Toki wo Kakeru Shojo (The Girl That Leapt Through Time)
- Another that's caught my attention with the fluidity of the animation. Yet another coming of age story, mixed in with a fictional time-traveling plot (time traveling is not exaggerated in this plot, but rather stays within the short time-line of the movie). And don't forget the little bit of sweet and innocent teen romance to get you bawling at the end. BIG must.

And i'll stop there. Lord knows I could go on and on.
Posted on: 2010/2/27 0:15
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/F/UK
Toki wo Kakeru Shojo (The Girl That Leapt Through Time),
is completely amazing.

I love the film so much i bought it the special edition version... XD

Spirited away
& Kiki's delivery service
are also very cute movies...

Posted on: 2010/3/1 9:47
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
Voltes V for me cuz i grew up watching it. now that im older, i realized that voltes v was really a very heavy themed annimation and is not really for kids. i mean it tackles issues on oppression, domination, war, betrayal, greed, death and sacrifice. do you guys remember when Draco took his own life? man! suicide in an animated series??

Voltes V for me and astro boy too!

hey is japanese animated series included here??
Posted on: 2010/3/1 19:14
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Neon Genesis: Evangelion

Books are perfection. Movie was fantastic. Music video is “Beautiful World” The first anime series I knew about and it sure didn't disappoint.
Posted on: 2010/3/1 20:21
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Watched Evangelion last year. Not the remakes but the series itself. Started off a bit slow but gets really good as the story progresses. Lots of elements that I love from the anime especially the Psychological ones. Very interesting anime for discussion and it definitely has a high rewatch value. I'm praying that they will show the second remake in my country's cinemas. It'd be awesome. Nearly forgotten about the bloody battles during the late episodes. Though they're not disgusting, they manage to reach me emotionally, I can't put this to words. The End of Evangelion was even worse, it was so overwhelming (the Asuka scene).

Haven't been watching much Animes lately but I'm trying to finish off Cowboy Bebop. I've downloaded old ones like Akira, and a few others such as Perfect Blue, Vampire Hunter which are recommended by LoBFCanti. Haven't got the time to watch them but they do look promising.

Few of the modern animes that I've truly enjoyed are Claymore, Samurai Champloo, Kannazuki no Miko, Aoi Hana, Beck, Kuroshitsuji, K-On!, FMA, Hellsing and Witch Hunter Robin. I have the penchant for animes that have slow intros. Oh crap, nearly missed Elfen Lied! Love it to bits.
Posted on: 2010/3/2 7:51
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I'm wondering if Hikki (with the release of the 2 following films of the Rebuild of Evangelion Series in near future) will be bringing another theme for any of these two...?

Is there any offical date for the release of the third film?

Since they wanted this Rebuild series to be chronologically
consecutive from the beginning but "failed" doin' it with the release of the second movie two years later, so that's why maybe a 2011 release will seem more credible.

at least for me.

what do you think?
Posted on: 2010/5/26 13:49
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I've been wondering if GAINAX will be delivering later this year the third movie--- and also I feel kinda nervous about the new theme song, who will sing it?
Posted on: 2011/2/1 18:45
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Havent watch anime lately, so its kinda old stuff

Slam Dunk
Samurai X
Gundam Series
5 centimetres per second ( the artworks, stroyline,angles, everything absolutely amazing)
Street Fighter japan ver not the lousy us ver
Tekken what the hell with the story
Evangelion series, original movies and remake. 'Goodbye Happiness' fits on next movies since Eva never have happy ending.
Ponyo
Howling moving castle, and other fron studio ghibli (i hope i spell it right)
Jin Roh (one of my fave anime and best anime)
Ghost in the Shell series and movies
And etc
Posted on: 2011/2/1 21:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>