Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  If you could banish one Utada song from the universe, which one would it be, and why?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
If you could banish one Utada song from the universe, which one would it be, and why?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
There are good songs she has made, and there are bad songs. What is the one song you don't really like or like the least? This isn't a thread to flame anyone, just for a polite discussion.

Poppin' would be my decision because it would be a terrible song if you wanted to introduce her to anyone. I really don't have to explain myself for this one as you could see it in the song. The song can be racist, sexist, and a bit offensive. I could see why some people like the song, but the song could be misinterpreted a lot. I know what the song itself means, and it being a parody song, but it could be viewed differently.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:15
Re: If you could banish one Utada song from the universe, which one would it be, and why?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
How is the song racist? o_O

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:05
Re: If you could banish one Utada song from the universe, which one would it be, and why?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I said it can be racist. It isn't in the words, but it's how she is talking. She is using a fake British accent, and she isn't even white. I'm not white, but I know it could offend some people.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:45
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
What???????

I do believe you're mistaken...She is not faking a British accent at all.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:54
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Hmm, well I guess but you can't even tell she's using an accent in the song. The only way I knew was because she said she was using a "slight accent" and to be honest not a very good one xD And just because she isn't white doesn't mean she can't use an accent. She isn't using it in a vulgar, doragatory, way. She's just talking. I talk in English, Russian, Hispanic and other accents so does that make me racist? No. I'm just emulating something I hear. If i had some stupid little joke to go along with it then yes, racist but in that case and hers, no.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/4/12 21:20
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Hmm, well I guess but you can't even tell she's using an accent in the song. The only way I knew was because she said she was using a "slight accent" and to be honest not a very good one xD And just because she isn't white doesn't mean she can't use an accent. She isn't using it in a vulgar, doragatory, way. She's just talking. I talk in English, Russian, Hispanic and other accents so does that make me racist? No. I'm just emulating something I hear. If i had some stupid little joke to go along with it then yes, racist but in that case and hers, no.

Agreed.

But I don't think she was trying to mimmic a British accent :P

And Yeah, I'm a spanish speaker, so depending on the people I'm speaking with I'll change my accent to suit their way of speaking. I'm not doing it to be raccist...rather to make them feel comfortable. And ofcourse I do the same when speaking english XD

So I believe saying that it's "raccist" to immitate an accent is not being open minded. ....and I mean to say that in the nicest way as possible. I'm not trying to be mean or anything >.>

But all in all...I agree with Billy
Posted on: 2010/4/12 22:23
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
No songs should be banished.

& she is not faking a British accent.
Japanese people use English in their songs all the time. sometimes it doesn't even make sense. and of course they're going to have an accent. they don't mean to sound that way... nothing wrong with that.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 22:25
  •  1Brando
      1Brando
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/La Puente, CA
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:

She never said she was using an accent.
She said it sounded like she was talking with an accent.
It was something involuntary that just came out the way it did by accident.
Take another listen to the interview.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 23:01
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
The entire Exodus tracklist minus Crossover Interlude, Exodus 04, YMMWTBAM, Devil Inside, and Kremlin Dusk.

Boku Wa Kuma

Oh and Poppin'

Other than that....she's perfect.

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/4/12 23:29
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Kotoba ni Naranai Kimochi - boring song because it sounds monotonous to me. It's melodic vanilla and not very creative - she took the interlude from First Love (which I kind of liked) and stretched it out into a song... Didn't work for me. I STILL LOVE MY UTADA THOUGH!!!
Posted on: 2010/4/13 0:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>