12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  klown
      klown
Re: security procedures
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19. Male. Santa Barbara/Los Angeles, California
I liked LA better in so many ways: better crowd, stage lights, management, vocals, and we got to sing happy birthday; Vegas only had better MC segments and a better Rizzo opening.
Posted on: 2010/2/4 1:19
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
Quote:

dnutt wrote:
Quote:

bhive619 wrote:

based on my LA and LV experience.. lol

so which show did you like better? LA or LV? just curious hehe

I LOVE THEM BOTH!

the LA performance had MORE emotion but her voice wasn't as good as the LV one... the Las Vegas performance was the BEST SOO FAR in the WEST! coz she said so herself.. lol

hikki was rockin out during ME MUERO in LV.. LOVE HER!
Posted on: 2010/2/3 17:23
  •  klown
      klown
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19. Male. Santa Barbara/Los Angeles, California
@Los Angeles: First they went through the line scanning tickets, stamping hands, and putting on alcohol bands. Then when the doors opened, they did a quick frisk of ankles and the ribs/armpit area. Then they used the wand for the midsection of the body and you were in.

@Vegas: They pushed through the crowd once to check tickets, didn't stamp. Then they went into the crowd again wanding down everyone. Seriously, if you had something just avoid them, they moved slow and you were in a crowd. When the doors opened, they had a second ticket check inside.

If you were caught filming something inside...
@Los Angeles: They pointed at you and made a scary face. Had a few guys in front not really caring/looking, and a guy on each side.
@Vegas: They shined a flashlight at your camera. Supposedly if you tried enough times they threw you out. They had people constantly looking out for cameras in front.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 16:23
  •  dnutt
      dnutt
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

bhive619 wrote:

so which show did you like better? LA or LV? just curious hehe
Posted on: 2010/2/3 16:16
  •  tokyokid
      tokyokid
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
oh wow thanks for the info, did anyone at the Las Vegas show happen to get an autograph form her as she was leaving? did anyone like go to where she exited to her car?
Posted on: 2010/2/3 14:59
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Yeah, i felt the security for getting camera's was pretty lax... i mean. If I had known they were basically just gonna ask you to pull out anything that might of let the wand go off, i would of taken the camera i borrowed... they wand you up to about your crotch level, if you have pockets lower then that they might wand you further,. but if you can get it into a sock or something like that below your crotch level you should be ok.

This is all for the Los Vegas show btw...

before you go in the show (or even get wanded) they tell you that there are no cameras or any other kind of recording device, if you get caught taking pictures or video your night is over... when you're in the show, they're about 3 maybe 4 security surveying the crowed for people misbehaving (cameras or whatever) you just have to try and keep track of where the security guys are at to make sure you dont get caught. :3

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
Posted on: 2010/2/3 14:43
  •  tokyokid
      tokyokid
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
thank you very much!!! I'll be so happy if I walk away with anything! But just being able to go to the concert is great. What do people think the best time to get there is? is it like the closer to the front you are, the better chance you have of getting close to the stage? or is just like an "every man for himself" type thing? I heard when they opened the gates it was a mad house
Posted on: 2010/2/3 14:40
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
Quote:

tokyokid wrote:
I see ok good to know thank you for the insight, and yes it would suck to be denied this near once-in-a-life-time chance just because i took pictures prior to the show. If that happened I would be a very unhappy person lol, Also does anyone know if she's thrown baseballs out at all her concerts on the tour? and if so wheres the best place to be to try to catch one?

to the VERY left or right, about 6-12 people away from the stage..

Mori-san(drummer) gives out his drumsticks towards the center and raphael the guitarist throws his guitar picks to the ones who are infront of him..

GOOD LUCK!
Posted on: 2010/2/3 14:36
  •  tokyokid
      tokyokid
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I see ok good to know thank you for the insight, and yes it would suck to be denied this near once-in-a-life-time chance just because i took pictures prior to the show. If that happened I would be a very unhappy person lol, Also does anyone know if she's thrown baseballs out at all her concerts on the tour? and if so wheres the best place to be to try to catch one?
Posted on: 2010/2/3 14:20
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 26/M/Las Vegas, NV
Quote:

tokyokid wrote:
So far for the concerts she had done in the US, what have the security procedures been like? Do they make you go through a metal detector, or frisk you? If I get my camera in, I doubt i'd take many pics or videos, but I just don't trust handing it over to the valet, also I want to take pictures while I wait in line. Sounds like the concerts have been great thus far!

I know at the show here in LV, they were scanning people with metal-detecting wands and having people pull all the items out of their pockets. They were scanning purses, too. Although, here, that's relatively normal for a show. What wasn't was cracking down on cameras and photo/video taking. Usually, they aren't that bad about it. But, I usually go in light for shows, so it didn't matter much to me. And I can only assume that this was being done because there's something planned for these shows, as far as a DVD and such.

If you plan on taking photos while waiting to get in, run it by several of the security guards and see if it's cool. It would suck if you got denied going into to the show just for that, so err on the side of caution. That way, you can get in and enjoy the great show Utada has been putting on.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 13:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>