Re: New 3D DS!
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

quincye93 wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

-Spiral and Motion sensory
*This means your 3DS practically has a built-in Wii MotionPlus controller. This was said to be a choice camera angle controller within "Kid Icarus:Uprising".

If this thing has multiple touch. The Iphone may be worthless as far as gaming.

Can you explain those two things more. I don't understand them.

Well I didn't use proper terminology. I apologize.

Motion sensor is the same as the wiimote tech

however there is a gyroscopic application to it. It senses the angles you are holding you device, how fast you move it and in some cases with way it is facing from it's original positioning.

Let's refer to properly as gyro sensory from now on.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 22:47
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

*This means your 3DS practically has a built-in Wii MotionPlus controller. This was said to be a choice camera angle controller within "Kid Icarus:Uprising".

Can you explain those two things more. I don't understand them.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 19:25
  •  matty-sakura
      matty-sakura
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19 / m / edinburgh
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

PSP graphics were almost equivalent to PS2

PS2 was the weakest home console of last generation
NGC was the strongest even coming out a year before the original xbox.

we could be carrying around portable "Wii"s come launch 2011.

i never owned a gamecube or an xbox, so the ps2/psp was my only available point of reference. regardless, big up to nintendo! the way i see it, they easily take the lead when it comes to innovation in gaming interface (wii --> ps3's move, for instance). now it seems they're going to lead in terms of graphics as well.

...or at least portable graphics. and the iphone never really appealed to me anyway, even as a phone. not gonna cry over that one.

btw, i like the "portable wii" description. sums it up quite well. i haven't mastered the wii controller (doubt i ever will, my coordination sucks), so the fact that the motion sensing is built in is a massive plus.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 16:18
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

matty-sakura wrote:
is it just me or do those graphics look just as good as the psp? nintendo seems to be pulling all the stops with this one. i'm still using my chunky original ds, but i might have to invest in one of these babies!

PSP graphics were almost equivalent to PS2

PS2 was the weakest home console of last generation
NGC was the strongest even coming out a year before the original xbox.

You can arguably say that these are upgrade NGC graphics but people have been saying for the past 3 months that "The device can potentially be as strong as a X360.". In the conference Iwata stated that the technology now is all here and cheap.

Though I myself am worried about battery life, much like the PSP in 2005; we could be carrying around portable "Wii"s come launch 2011.

-3 cameras with the outside to making it possible to take presentable res 3d photographs

-An analog stick

-Free "xbox live"-like internet network

-films seemingly being able to be download; but I certain that there are gonna be purchasable films, all in full 3d.

*Your cameras can perform sensory as well. In the example of Nintendogs + Cats, they incorporated your pet responding to your facial expressions.

^^^I'm sure with an establishment of a shooter you'll be moving your ds to aim. The cameras could be use to effect your in-game setting with what it views of your real life surrounding potentially. In other words, I'm hoping Kojima makes another Boktai or at least another Lunar Knights/Shin Boktai.

Posted on: 2010/6/17 14:50
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
lol i think maybe the 3DS graphics may be better..since they are pretty close to wii/really good gamecube graphics in my opinion
but its kinda weird how the 3DS looks almost exactly like the DS..haha its a whole new console though
Posted on: 2010/6/17 13:20
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
thanks depending on what the pricing of the ds is and when it comes out.. i'll see what ill do with my dsi. I play it but I don't buy the games haha. I just download them... I think its about time though I start paying for my games.. Helps the economy anyway =)

Posted on: 2010/6/17 12:41
  •  matty-sakura
      matty-sakura
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19 / m / edinburgh
is it just me or do those graphics look just as good as the psp? nintendo seems to be pulling all the stops with this one. i'm still using my chunky original ds, but i might have to invest in one of these babies!
Posted on: 2010/6/17 12:31
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Side by side comparison of DS vs 3DS graphics.

Posted on: 2010/6/17 11:29
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
New Paper Mario, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, improved graphics, and 3D!? I might have to get one. I hope they make a green one though.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 10:18
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

flipbeats wrote:
I didn't know it had that many games.. I can't wait till it comes out now.. for now.. what shall I do with my DSI? sell it?

Currently, there are 70 3Ds titles. As for the Dsi, sell it or trade it in. If you do that, you'll spend less money on the 3Ds.

Here's reasons to get rid of the Dsi:

-there will be no need for the Dsi. The 3Ds will be able to play Ds and Dsi games, including Dsiware.

-the 3Ds has cameras, too. There are two cameras on the outside so you can take 3D photos. Also, there is a movie mode to make 3D clips

-the 3Ds will have 3D movies for it

-the screen is larger than the Dsi

-it's the new generation of handheld's

-IT'S 3D!!!

The launch titles will be:
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Mario Kart 3DS

So, trade it or sell it, flipbeats!

@LoBFCanti
I didn't put those on the list because they weren't on Nintendo's website, therefore, I was unaware of them.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/6/17 9:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>