Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
     Utada Questions & Answers
   Can someone give me a review on Budokan 2004?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Can someone give me a review on Budokan 2004?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
http://wiki.jpopstop.com/wiki/Utada_Hikaru_in_Budokan_2004_-_Hikaru_no_5

Above's the J-pop Stop Link, and below is the full tracklisting!:
Hikari (光; Light)
traveling
Letters
Another Chance
In My Room
Can You Keep A Secret?
Addicted To You [UP-IN-HEAVEN MIX]
SAKURA Drops (SAKURAドロップス)
Sunglasses (Rehearsal Scene) (サングラス)
Amai Wana ~Paint It, Black (甘いワナ; Sweet Trap)
Movin' on without you
Kettobase!
Wait & See ~Risk~ (Wait & See ~リスク~)
COLORS
First Love
Deep River
DISTANCE
Uso Mitai na I Love You (嘘みたいなI Love You; An Unbelievable "I Love You")
Automatic
Shiawase ni Narou (幸せになろう; Let's Be Happy)
B&C

I don't own any of her concert DVDs to date, but from the extended clips and videos I've seen of all of them (and WILD LIFE in full U.stream form), I'd say its a general consensus among her fans that this is her OVERALL best concert series to date (Its not considered a tour really since all 5 venues were @ the Tokyo Budokan arena); Her voice was in top form the whole way thru, there were no covers (not necessarily a good thing, but I prefer hearing her stuff exclusively as a personal preference), AND she did sufficient non-single tracks as well as all the A-sides of her career thus far (which was FIRST LOVE,DISTANCE,& DEEP RIVER,as well as COLORS which l8ter appear on UB and the UHSCV1. The Sunglasses rehearsal was my favorite bit, plus there was just the best balance of her discography in concert I've seen thus far (though WILD LIFE did exceed as well as merely fulfill some of these expectations as well); all the acoustics and costumes were absolutely flawless, and this is the only concert where I've seen her move about and seriously break a choreography sweat! The only complaint I'd have was why she couldn't extend the set list past 21 since she has such a diverse and large body of work to perform, but its been her staple from the get-go; I just hope she breaks it one of these days after her hiatus. Bohemian Summer was probably her most popular tour, and Utada United may have shown the most career growth, but I think this one's got the crowning achievement magic of them all thus far, w/ WILD LIFE playing a distant 2nd place! It'll be about $60 @ any major retail sites, but @ Ebay, it can be anywhere from $10-40; I highly recommend this one 1st if you've yet to own or c any Utada lives or tours! Its the most energetic I've seen her live, even over when she 1st premiered or did the In The Flesh series...

P.S.-If your a fan of Rocker Hikki like me, you'll LUV her Kettobase like nothing else she's ever done, plus this is her last public time w/ back-length hair...
Posted on: 2010/12/27 16:46
  •  ROB612
      ROB612
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/m/MN
Thanks guys!
Posted on: 2010/12/26 21:13
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Budokan is a decent concert. If you're into her older stuff, from First Love to DEEP RIVER, you won't be disappointed. The concert is very good, and almost "low key" in a sense.
The instrumentals are great, as Utada usually always rearranges her songs for live performances.
If you did buy the DVD, I suggest you watch out for her magical instant costume changes!
It's a shame that there isn't a Wikipedia page or anything on it to give details of a set listing or anything, as that would give a more detailed description on the tour itself...
However it's definitely worth it, as her voice is very strong during the concert.
Posted on: 2010/12/26 10:03
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
For Budokan 2004 you will see all of her talents. The way she's singing can be stunt you. The band is so greate and sound stage was designed with delicately on 5.1 ch.And I guess you will be infauated in rehaersal of "Sunglass".

If you ask me to compare with another her perform such as UU2006 that there have some different in the good way.

UU2006 seems like hi-technology, fantasy and hikki is so
gorgeous.This live also looks going over than imagine.

Budokan 2004 has atmosphere of live comcert.I said also kinda like rock concert everything look so simple on the stage even her costumes but I bet you all along the live you won't to leave from your sofa.

By the way I advice you please don't hesitate because you will not have a chance to see sexy utada in anymore.
Posted on: 2010/12/26 2:08
  •  ROB612
      ROB612
Can someone give me a review on Budokan 2004?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/m/MN
I was thinking about getting this dvd.I just want some opinions about this concert,so thanks.
Posted on: 2010/12/25 21:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic