Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  An official Sales/Certification report on Hikki's VHS/DVD etc. sales? (By Fans For The Fans)!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: An official Sales/Certification report on Hikkis VHS/DVD sales???
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Thank you for your enquiry.

The following videos were certified the Gold by RIAJ.

2003 COLORS
2003 UH LIVE STREAMING 2003
2004 Utada Hikaru in Budokan 2004

So this is all the RIAJ was willing to cough up when I e-mailed them back in earlier October (their auto-mated message response was not to do so again unless I subscribed or something to them--great!)...If anybody can find out the specific SALES and DVD charts ranks (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly ranks for the above and all of the followign below then we'll be on a roll. I think RIAJ Gold means that at least 100,000 units have been shipped/distributed in Japan at the least, but that doesn't mean a sack of potatoes as far as actual sales units go nowadays. I'd like to ask or e-mail someone at EMI or Oricon but they have no listed e-mail addresses to contact them anywhere. Post anything here that can help us with this and that!

1999: Utada Hikaru Single Clip Collection Vol.1
2000: Bohemian Summer 2000
2001: Utada Hikaru Unplugged
2001: Utada Hikaru Single Clip Collection Vol.2
2002: Utada Hikaru Single Clip Collection Vol.3+
2003: UH Live Streaming "20 Dai wa Ike Ike!"
2004: Utada Hikaru in Budokan 2004: Hikaru no 5
2006: Utada Hikaru Single Clip Collection Vol.4
2006: Utada United 2006

Wait & See: Risk - June 30, 2000
Traveling - January 30, 2002
Colors - March 12, 2003
Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro - July 28 2004
Easy Breezy - August 3, 2004

Everything else is so easy to find out about, i don't know why the figures on her videography is just so hush-hush as successful as they've been...
Posted on: 2010/10/19 14:06
Addicted to Hikki
Everyone reading this (regardless of memebership but as long as your a Hikki fan) complete and encourage as many people as possible to do the two surveys at the links below; and then state whether or not you plan on pre-ordering or buying SCV2 online or in a store (if your based in Asia or where there's a nearby HMV store) sometime before year's end!

http://www.utadanet.com/modules/xoopspoll/index.php?poll_id=130

http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4920
Posted on: 2010/10/19 14:12
Addicted to Hikki
Yeah, we're getting a little closer to uncovering all the finer details; we just gotta be parient in the process getting there (-_-*pointing fingers at self for the time being*!)...
Posted on: 2010/10/19 17:26
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
bluesfighter09 quote: I'd like to ask or e-mail someone at EMI or Oricon but they have no listed e-mail addresses to contact them anywhere. Post anything here that can help us with this and that!

Try Debra Geddes, Senior Director, Artist Publicity, EMI Music:

+44 20 7752 5551 / 5557.....

debra.geddes@emimusic.com

or Debra?s second in command:
Scott Steele............

scott.steele@emimusic.com

Posted on: 2010/10/20 1:11
Addicted to Hikki
Does anyone know how we can go back in the Oricon archives and look at the chart trajectory and yearly rankings of her VHS/DVD concerts and PV collections? I tried doing it w/ Google Translate, but u know how that goes! Anyone who knows how we can contact Oricon directly (some way by means of e-mail preferrably) and ask that way would be awesome too!
Posted on: 2010/11/18 11:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12