Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  If you could banish one Utada song from the universe, which one would it be, and why?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: If you could banish one Utada song from the universe, which one would it be, and why?
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Since we already have a similar thread about this, will you guys continued it there.

What is your least Utada Hikaru Song

Thank You
Posted on: 2010/4/15 5:07
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: If you could banish one Utada song from the universe, which one would it be, and why?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
There are good songs she has made, and there are bad songs. What is the one song you don't really like or like the least? This isn't a thread to flame anyone, just for a polite discussion.

Poppin' would be my decision because it would be a terrible song if you wanted to introduce her to anyone. I really don't have to explain myself for this one as you could see it in the song. The song can be racist, sexist, and a bit offensive. I could see why some people like the song, but the song could be misinterpreted a lot. I know what the song itself means, and it being a parody song, but it could be viewed differently.

Great, another ignorant thread by you again. Do you read before you submit? You have to remember, majority of the time when you are introducing Utada in America, you are, most likely, introducing her to someone of an American music background. With this, I'm pretty sure this song is favorable. In no way is this song racist. Do you even know what the term "racist" means? Please define before you use. And who in the world is this offending? It's not directed towards anyone. I think you need to do more research. On the poll, what's your fav. song off of TITO, Automatic Pt.2 had less votes than Poppin'.

~_~

Like I said, I was wrong about the racism, can't you understand that.

Yup, I understand. Just use better wording next time.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/14 12:02
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
There are good songs she has made, and there are bad songs. What is the one song you don't really like or like the least? This isn't a thread to flame anyone, just for a polite discussion.

Poppin' would be my decision because it would be a terrible song if you wanted to introduce her to anyone. I really don't have to explain myself for this one as you could see it in the song. The song can be racist, sexist, and a bit offensive. I could see why some people like the song, but the song could be misinterpreted a lot. I know what the song itself means, and it being a parody song, but it could be viewed differently.

Great, another ignorant thread by you again. Do you read before you submit? You have to remember, majority of the time when you are introducing Utada in America, you are, most likely, introducing her to someone of an American music background. With this, I'm pretty sure this song is favorable. In no way is this song racist. Do you even know what the term "racist" means? Please define before you use. And who in the world is this offending? It's not directed towards anyone. I think you need to do more research. On the poll, what's your fav. song off of TITO, Automatic Pt.2 had less votes than Poppin'.

~_~

Like I said, I was wrong about the racism, can't you understand that.
Posted on: 2010/4/14 6:22
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Just a suggestion there is an established thread...

What is your least favourite Utada Hikaru song?....

http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=700&forum=3

Posted on: 2010/4/14 2:09
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
^Uh....ok so let's pretend I'm a 65 year old song writer/composer but I'm really in the loop with pop culture. I write a song about sex and hot bods and lots of partying. Would I be the right singer or would Brittney Spears be better for the job?

Seriously? Geez. A person that age would obviously not be writing about stuff like that. And if they were...they would most likely be someone's producer/song writer.

You just can't blurt out stuff like that without being rational about it
Posted on: 2010/4/13 23:59
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Why not changing a better title thread instead... if its creating a flame war , its not hard to do it, simple isn't it.

Thank You
Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:53
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
^Uh....ok so let's pretend I'm a 65 year old song writer/composer but I'm really in the loop with pop culture. I write a song about sex and hot bods and lots of partying. Would I be the right singer or would Brittney Spears be better for the job?

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:26
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
TL;DR: I DON'T HATE UTADA, JUST DIDN'T THINK THE SONG WAS GREAT FOR A PERSON LIKE HER.

I knew the racism part could get some people. I said it CAN, not it IS. It means that some people could take it that way. As for the actors/actresses, it could be too, depending on the situation. It isn't really necessary for all you purists out to post here. Guess some people took it in the direction that it seriously is. Well, I read something, and I guess I was wrong. There is no need for a bunch of you to say what has been said.

I don't hate Utada, it's just there are some songs that some people don't like. I knew this thread would get out of hand with all the addicts out there. Without the racist part, I think you all could understand why Poppin' made no sense to Utada. It would be a good song if the right person sung it.

Uh, obviously the right person did sing it. Utada. She wrote it and composed it. It's hers and only hers. Noone else could do it better.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:09
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:

Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Lol, the thread is being taken too seriously. Chill out people, none of these songs will be banished forever, so don't be too emotional about it.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 18:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>